Summer is the one time of year that we get a chance to really enjoy our garden, but if your backyard isn’t looking as good as it could, it can certainly lessen the enjoyment!
If you think you’ve left it too late to improve your landscape now, don’t worry, you haven’t. I’m going to shares five simple tips that will help you transform your garden so you can increase your enjoyment this summer. There is nothing worse than finally sitting down in your favourite sun lounger only to start noticing how various parts of the garden aren’t looking good.
Top 5 Tips to Transform Your Garden
- First off, photograph your garden as it is now. Photographs can help you see the overall picture, which you can sometimes miss when you are in the garden. Also you’ll know which parts work and which don’t during the summer months, this can help you when planning for next year.
- Cut back any untidy plants that have finished flowering (unless you live somewhere hot and dry, wait until it’s cooler). Just a little bit of a tidy up will do wonders with how your garden looks.
- Edge your lawn, preferably in a coherent shape that will improve the look and flow of your garden.
- Fill in any gaps with seasonal perennials or annuals in tubs. A big burst of flowers will create dramatic interest and liven up any dull spots.
- Strategically placed focal points like benches, pots, urns and statues in key viewing locations. This draws the eye around the garden and creates visual full stops, which helps bring coherency to unruly planting schemes.
These five simple things alone will make a world of difference to how your garden looks. Then it’s just a matter of inviting your friends and family around, and enjoying your wonderful landscape. Throw a burger or two on for me please!
Want to learn more? Attend one of our FREE Fast Track Garden Design online classes…
Register on this page: https://www.successfulgardendesign.com/freeclasses/