Summer is the time to really appreciate your garden, so let’s maximise your enjoyment by making the landscape look as spectacular as possible!
There’s nothing worse than finally sitting on your favourite sun lounger, only to notice how various parts of the garden aren’t looking as good as they ought to.
Whilst the overall design of your garden is the MOST important part to successfully creating a gorgeous garden, digging up the garden in the months you want to use it, just isn’t practical…
So don’t worry; here are some easy ways to improve your garden until you can tackle it properly, which will make a world of difference.
7 tips to quickly transform your garden
- Cut back any untidy plants that have finished flowering (unless you live somewhere hot and dry, where you should wait until it’s cooler). Just a little bit of a tidy up does wonders to the look of your garden.
- Fill in any planting gaps with seasonal perennials or annuals in tubs. A big burst of flowers creates dramatic interest and livens up any dull spots.
- Edge your lawn, preferably in a coherent shape, to improve the look and flow of your garden.
- Strategically place focal points like benches, pots, urns and statues in key viewing locations. This draws the eye around the garden and creates visual full stops, bringing coherency to any unruly planting schemes.
- Paint tired-looking fences, benches, pergolas etc. A fresh coat of paint, especially if it’s a beautiful colour, really enhances the garden. Or if painting is too much effort, then bamboo or willow screening can cover up an old fence.
- Add bright cushions to your furniture (or wash existing ones to freshen them up). The addition of vibrant material not only makes seating more inviting, if you choose colours that match your planting scheme, you can really create the WOW factor.
- Pressure wash patios and paths. Yearly pressure washing of paving helps it to look good longer. If you do it once or twice a year, it will help stop algae and mould from getting a stronghold.
Photograph your garden as it is now. Photographs help you see the overall picture, which you can sometimes miss when you are actually in the garden. You can use them to look at your garden objectively and make any necessary design changes later in the year.
Want to learn how to really make the most of your garden? Attend one of our FREE Fast Track Garden Design online classes…
Register on this page: https://www.successfulgardendesign.com/free-classes
11 replies to "How to make your garden look spectacular this summer!"