Summer is the time to really appreciate your garden, so let’s maximise your enjoyment by making the landscape look as spectacular as possible!
There’s nothing worse than finally sitting on your favourite sun lounger, only to notice how various parts of the garden aren’t looking as good as they ought to. If you think you’ve left it too late to improve your garden, don’t worry; here are some easy ways to improve it which will make a world of difference.
5 tips to transform your garden
- Photograph your garden as it is now. Photographs help you see the overall picture, which you can sometimes miss when you are actually in the garden. You can use them to look at your garden objectively and make any necessary changes.
- Cut back any untidy plants that have finished flowering (unless you live somewhere hot and dry, where you should wait until it’s cooler). Just a little bit of a tidy up does wonders to the look of your garden.
- Edge your lawn, preferably in a coherent shape, to improve the look and flow of your garden.
- Fill in any gaps with seasonal perennials or annuals in tubs. A big burst of flowers creates dramatic interest and livens up any dull spots.
- Strategically place focal points like benches, pots, urns and statues in key viewing locations. This draws the eye around the garden and creates visual full stops, bringing coherency to any unruly planting schemes.
Then it’s just a matter of inviting your friends and family around for a barbecue, while showing off your wonderful landscape. Oh, and throw a burger or two on for me please!
Want to learn more? Attend one of our FREE Fast Track Garden Design online classes…
Register on this page: https://www.successfulgardendesign.com/freeclasses/